- Make sure alarm company is reporting all alarm system events to Central Station; This should include: arm, disarm, all troubles and all alarms. Some discounted alarm system services only report alarms with no details of alarm. Central Security is a full reporting and recording alarm system company and we know how to program alarm systems to report and record all events.
- Don’t sign a long term contract to get security alarm system or monitoring service, the industry standard is 3 years. Other alarm monitoring contracts are 5 to 7 years in length. Central Security requires only 90 day notice to cancel home security service.
- Don’t agree to a Credit Check or give Social Security number to get home security alarm monitoring. This is often a sign that your information and monitoring service contract are going to be sold or traded off. Central Security wants to remain your security alarm system provider for life.
- Make sure alarm system company, sales rep and installer are licensed and have identification. The Texas Department of Public Safety issues identification cards to all licensed individuals and companies. These can be verified thru Texas DPS
- Make sure security monitoring Central Station monitoring center is a “Five Diamond Certificate” rated company. The Central Station Alarm Association post what monitoring centers operate under strict standards and at no charge issues certificates.
- Hardwire the alarm system into the home as much as possible with control board hidden and out of site. Central Security recommends and uses hardwire professional security alarm panels. Central Security does not recommend all in one security alarm systems; 2Gig, SimonXT or
- Make sure your home security burglar alarm system technician knows what he is doing and explains how to operate security system.
- Know how to manually test your monitoring system for communication with central station. Test your alarm system periodically to make sure everything works.
- Only use wireless equipment or devices as a last resort.
- Make sure all living in home of age are involved in process of getting monitoring service. Keep it simple A. Know who to call B. Know your account number C. Know your abort code
- Check with local municipality to see if alarm permit is required. Central Security will give notice of proper permit if required upon activation. If you have a home security burglar alarm system already in your home, more than likely the alarm system will work fine and can be reprogrammed to work with any alarm system monitoring center.
Austin Alarm Permit. The City of Austin has adopted laws regulating the operation of alarm systems. Many cities around Austin also inforce same or similar provisions within their city. The City of Austin requires an alarm permit for each residence or business that operates an alarm system in the City Limits of the City of Austin. The Austin Police Department enforces and administers the THE CODE OF THE CITY OF AUSTIN, TEXAS.
An alarm permit can be cancelled when the system no longer meets the criteria for a permitted alarm system per the ordinance or the permit holder moves from the address. All outstanding charges must be paid before a permit is cancelled. Written notification is required for cancellation.